Thread: Ennova Announces USB Thumb Drive with OLED, Biometric Scanner

Ennova Announces USB Thumb Drive with OLED, Biometric Scanner

Ennova Direct Corporation (DBA ION Technologies) announced today that the USPTO recently awarded the company's founders (Paul Regen and Peter Garrett) another USB Flash Drive patent - US 7,462,044. This new USB flash drive (shown on right) has unique patented features including a new type of retractable USB connector with a built-in cover that protects the flash drive's OLED screen. The OLED screen comprises an integrated biometric fingerprint scanner which changes color to indicate the success or failure of a match of the user's stored fingerprint. The OLED screen is also an interactive interface that allows the user to select specific files and initiate specific functions.

While some manufacturers systematically increasing the amount of memory and flash drives involved in the increase of high-speed performance, while others engage in "tuning" of these devices. We are accustomed to the fact that flash drive can be expensive and cheap, large and small, beautiful and not very. Even the style of any man and thing. In the future we will have to get used to the fact that there is flash drive OLED-displays.

Company Ennova Direct Corporation has introduced the first such drive, the front panel which extends OLED-display. However, one manufacturer of this innovation is not limited. Advanced flash drive equipped with a biometric sensor, so that without the owner's finger to gain access to information on your drive will be extremely difficult. Display rose specially lids, and a sliding USB connector. The display changes color, signaling the correct operation of the biometric sensor, and if not the finger, then the screen will glow red. Also, the display allows users to browse lists of files on your drive without connecting to a PC and enable or disable specific functions flash drive.

Re: Ennova Announces USB Thumb Drive with OLED, Biometric Scanner

Put in a DNA microarray and lab on a chip technology. only positive dna hybridization will allow access to the usb meaning it doesn't open unless the dna matches.

Then the thing turns green giving you 15 seconds to wash off your cheek cells or blood or sick bodily fluids i'm sure people will attempt to use, or maybe a hair from your head/arm

After that you can open it. the device will be water proof and other solvent proof (acetone and what not) so you can just rinse and go.

This will only be made available to the people in the highest echelon of security, because it will probably cost a crapload and the dna microarray will need to be made just for you

As for this - if it existed today I would be very interested. 2010 is "too far away" for me to care. This stems from a deep-rooted "WANT" and impatience instilled in me by tech blogs.

Are they trying to show that they're going to put a fingerprint scanner transparently over the top of an OLED screen, with high enough resolution to show you your own finger print after being scanned. Where would the strip scanner go? You can't scan fingerprints with a touch screen. How would they fit much of a battery?

This whole thing just smacks of slick rendering and little substance. How on earth do these companies get patents when their only proof of actually making something is a poorly doodled drawing or obviously fake computer rendering?? It would be like somebody patenting the Dick Tracy watch back in the 1940's. They are patenting stuff they clearly have no way of making, just to stop others from ACTUALLY making the thing work in the future.

I'd like to patent a black box that makes unlimited energy and no pollution. My proof for the pattern will be a shoe box painted black. That way, should anybody actually solve our energy problems, I can SUE THEIR PANTS OFF! Yay for the corrupt patent system!