Thread: does virus affect ipod?

does virus affect ipod?

hi
    i am using ipod since less than years, I had virus infection on my computer, by that time i had never connect my pod to pc . is there any chance of virus infection that can be create any problem for ipod ??

Re: does virus affect ipod?

hi
    According to Kaspersky Lab, the virus is a file which can be launched and run on an iPod.
    It should be stressed that in order for the virus to function, Linux has to be installed on the iPod. If the virus is installed to the iPod by the user, the virus then installs itself to the folder which contains program demo versions. Podloso cannot be launched automatically without user involvement.
    Once launched, the virus scans the device's hard disk and infects all executable .elf format files. Any attempt to launch these files will cause the virus to display a message on the screen which says "You are infected with Oslo the first iPodLinux Virus."
    Podloso is a typical proof-of-concept virus

according to Apple, a 1 percent chance it contains a worm called RavMonE.exe.The worm is of the sort that opens a "back door" on a PC so that a remote user can start controlling the infected computer. The iPod shuffles and iPod nanos shipped after September 12 are not infected with the malware; the worm does nothing to harm the iPod device itself; and people who only connect the iPod video to a Mac running Mac OS X will never activate the worm. The malware is in the Windows-support programs that live on the iPod.

it automatically run iPod applications when it detects a connected iPod. So the easiest way to make sure your PC doesn't get infected is simply to disable the autorun/autoplay capabilities in your iTunes interface.your computer asks you to run something called RavMonE.exe, also known as Win32.RJump.a, Troj/Bdoor-DIJ, WORM_SIWEOL.B, Backdoor.

hi
    i had personal experience its like virus not sure ..
    i was using imtoo ipod to transfer files not itunes .by that time pc get infected by virus ..i was bit care less so i connect my pod more than 3-4 time
    and after that my ipod music list was gone. then i scan for virus i got plenty of virus in pod but i had no problem as all get cleaned.sono problem for ipod.