Thread: Need to know about Overclocking and Temperature of Q9300

Need to know about Overclocking and Temperature of Q9300

How does this CPU works with a multiplier of only 7.5? This will inevitably lead to higher FSB hope to exceed 3 ghz ... To achieve this purpose, therefore, a passage in the bios is mandatory. I remember that overclocking is dangerous if you do not really know what you do, so I was getting scared before doing it. I need to know about overclocking and temperature of Q9300. And I am having trust on you guys that you will provide some helpful information soon.

Re: Need to know about Overclocking and Temperature of Q9300

I remember that overclocking is dangerous if you do not really know what you do, so I was getting scared before doing it.
    Yeah.. because Intel does not guarantee the E8500 overclocking dead after a 5-GHz air cooling. I assure you!! So after increasing the Vcore so generous (passing 1.25 V to 1.45 V base after), we get a stable fsb of 466 Mhz, which in itself is not bad at all ... but the coefficient of 7.5 thus limit the final frequency to a slight 3.5 GHz . Light, yes and no, we must modulate the thing! Indeed, the E8400 and E8500 past we were accustomed to exceed joyously 4GHz air cooling, but it should not be mistaken, these two processors are the high-end dual core now, while conversely, the Q9300 is the entry level quad core from Intel. It is still 40% performance which is obtained directly without too much effort, and with a water cooling or an excellent cooler for cpu, the 3.6 - 3.7 GHz must fit into stable.

Here is the gain measured after passing under Super ft at a frequency of 3.5 GHz:

Under super pi therefore, we decline of almost 4 seconds, a gain of 24.3% below this benchmark ... always interesting. At this frequency, therefore, the overclocked Q9300 is 35% faster than a Q6700 base: all this for the entry level available. The temperatures may seem quite high, but I now pretty rotten cpu fan, which should eventually get closer to the performance of Intel-based CPU cooler ... Besides that, it's 30 degrees in the apartment, it does not help too much either. Know at least, these maximum temperatures are: you will not exceed them under better conditions.

I want to ask you about the Balance Sheet of this processor. Positive final course, and how not to be? Certainly, the 4 GHz do not, but why on this quad entry? For 200 €, so you have a true quad core, based on the latest architecture from Intel. So now if you have a Q6600, is it worth spending a Q9300 to enjoy the improvements? Since, this query was related to the topic, I thought to post here instead of making new thread. I hope that you members won't mind.!!

The answer is simple: no. Gains will be very light for the same given frequency (if the Q6600 is overclocked to 3.2 Ghz, and the Q9300 as well), a slight difference of a few% will be visible during video compression or zipping ... but in games, nothing will change. Conversely, if you expect with an old AMD or Intel quads that are democratizing, the time for change is welcome and enjoy the Q9300.

Once overclocked to 3.5 GHz, the performances are excellent, and of course, basic to 2.5 GHz, all users "basic" are largely enthusiastic about its capabilities. By basic, I include people who play video games, while simultaneously taking advantage of the power available to listen to music, download (legally again) ... while having excellent performance. Everybody does not play CRYSIS 24h on to win a tenth of fps in addition to, or Vantage attempt to exceed 20,000 points.

In short, I think for the vast majority of players, with four processor cores is at the right price, right time, when the supply side (and we must talk about it) offers an X4 9600 clocked at 2.3 GHz, hazardous availability, and performance even more risky (often making a Q6600 better effect, not to mention the overclocking). In conclusion, a nice and deserved 9 / 10 for the Q9300 processor from Intel.