Thread: Best processor for gaming

Best processor for gaming

I wanted a good advice from you all. As i am pretty confused on whether which gaming processor i have to select. I am pretty confused between the amd and the Intel. So that's why i am asking you all. However one condition that i will not compromise on the speed of the processor. It should not disappoint me with the speed. However i have fixed my graphic card and that is the HD6870 from ATI. Both the Intel and the amd are good competitors in today's market so give me some suggestions on which processor should i go.

Re: Best processor for gaming

Well if you are looking for an ultimate speed processor then i would certainly advice you to settle down with the Intel core i7 920 processor. It is really quick and i am quite sure that you will also be looking to overclock the system for enhanced performance. It will not disappoint you and will give you a top speed of around 4.3GHz. Which is the best of among all the processors that are existing today. With the turbo boost technology they have you can normally boost up the speed to around 4GHz. So my advice would be to definitely go with the Intel processor and it will not disappoint you. Rather than going with the cheap amd processors.

Well if you are looking for the good quality processors then my vote will also go for the Intel processors. I currently own a Intel i7 core 870k. I am also a hard core gamer and it has never disappointed me. Looking at the choice of the graphic card i would definitely advice you to have another look because the 6870 is good. I would advice you to rather switch on to the 5970 series. Also the 69xx series will also be launching quickly. So you can also go with that also. So if you are a high end gamer then do think again regarding the choice of your graphic card.

Well if you are looking for the performance and also the value then i would definitely advice you to go with the amd. Amd processors are fairly cheap processors than the Intel but it does not compromise on the performance. They are far much cooler than the Intel during the overclocking. However if your budget is not an issue then i would definitely recommend you to go with the AMd 6X series they are too quick and their performance will not disappoint you. I am currently owning a phenom X4 which gives me a speed of around 3.8GHz which is really not bad and it comes cheap, not so expensive like the Intel processors. So my advice would be to go with the amd processors.