Thread: ASUS 5850 doesn't allow voltage adjustments

ASUS 5850 doesn't allow voltage adjustments

I am suffering with a strange problem. my ASUS 5850 (that comes with the ASUS voltage tweak program) doesn't allow for voltage monitoring. I have tried (with the "[ATIADLHAL] EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1 edit and the VT1165_Defaults = 17 33 edit) and GPU utility, and both state I haven't voltage management. What is going on here? I think, ASUS and MSI were the cards that "Did" have the capability to monitor voltage.

MSI Afterburner wont let me change volts?

Can someone help me with the settings we could not seem to get the voltage to be displayed or change...me and my friend also tried changing the unlock configuration on the voltages but had no successful result and I have also tried to updating my gpu's BIOS but I am really hoping that is not an problem and I would seem comfortable doing that anyways.

This is my system configuration :

Windows 7 64bit ultimate
    i5-750 3.6ghz
    4gb DDR3 overclocked for balance with cpu
    700w psu
    BFG gtx 260 OC 55 overclocked a little but not anything serious because of my

Re: ASUS 5850 doesn't allow voltage adjustments

Hi guys !

This is actually not sure that how MSI's Afterburner performs each activities but when I moved on my HIS HD4850, then I got that the voltage option is grayed out. But using AMD's , GPU clock utility (as well as ATI Tray utility ). I am able to configure the core voltage as well as configure the maximum overclock values than the Catalyst center lets me to). Just try to do it and if you are getting any issues during this implementation then let me know what you are getting there..
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Hockson View Post
    Hi guys !

This is actually not sure that how MSI's Afterburner performs each activities but when I moved on my HIS HD4850, then I got that the voltage option is grayed out. But using AMD's , GPU clock utility (as well as ATI Tray utility ). I am able to configure the core voltage as well as configure the maximum overclock values than the Catalyst center lets me to). Just try to do it and if you are getting any issues during this implementation then let me know what you are getting there..
    Thanks for your suggestion but I am not too sure that this is the actual solution that I am searching for my nvidia card but I am sure it helped me out ...

I am not too sure that this is the actual solution that I am searching for my nvidia card but I am sure it helped me out ...
    Actually, it mostly is not, but I believe ATI Tray utility works with your card and therefore you could possibly try to configure the core voltage too. Just you need to give it a try. (I know it says ATI, but if I got it properly it works with NVIDIA cards too).

No actually, it will not blow up the GPU. The causes that they said you that (and they are true) is that by using several utilities at a time, one application may override the configuration of the other, hence rendering the whole point of trying to overclock pointless. That is why, you should try and stick to one, to be sure that all your settings are applied and they are not changed or restricted to change from different application.