Thread: Peltier cooler doubts

Peltier cooler doubts

To test my Peltier here to 72 watts (92), wanting to put it between my processor and a cooler Hyper TX2, doing some tests off the same computer could see clearly the side because the water freezes creating condensation = X. ... much water ... Will the heat of the CPU is already that the water stop condensing or does that makes the unworkable idea?

Re: Peltier+ doubts

If you post your configuration would help. I think 72 watts a little too much, and then depending on your processor, that can be bullshit!
    Because, if the humidity of where you live is high and, with this heat there, it should be (unless there is more in the cabinet) and the processor is idle, the Peltier can cool too much and create droplets of water, which being taken by air that does not contain elements which could cause short in all motherboard / processor, but may in the medium term, cause oxidation and reduce the length of life of the motherboard!

Re: Peltier+ doubts

Hail!

I have a core 2 here but I can not use at the moment. The configuration that I test is here:

Pentium dual core 2x3.40Ghz @ 3.73Ghz
    MoBo ASUS P5N-E SLI
    GeForce 8500GT @ Super OverClocked
    And it only just...

My processor is on average between 51 ~ 57 degrees.

Re: Peltier cooler doubts

hi...
    i am eng student.I am planning to make a project wit Peltier so i need some clarification please help me
    1.i have 2 peltier 4*4cm but i dont know specification like power ratings how to find that i have given 3amps and 12 volts supply i felt that effect but no ice effect
    2.wat is the power u provided??
    3.once it will be switched off the heat will flow to cold side also then how to over come from that...
    4.wat is amount of time u have taken to make ice??
    5.in long running is their any problem??
    and i will be very thankful to u if u replied me waiting 4 u reply please answer my all questions.....
    Last edited by Yogesh; 02-02-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Personal details removed. Use TechArena PM system instead.

Re: Peltier cooler doubts

Hello !

Maybe to late but the crucial part (in my opinion) is making Peltier cooler temperature controlled. I think it should be some simple comparator circuit with two
    thermostats and PWM so it could even the temperatures on the cpu and surrounding media (the PC case for example) to avoid condensation.

You can even make the temp difference controls for max performance!