Thread: unable to locate control panel in windows 8 application store of Metro UI.

unable to locate control panel in windows 8 application store of Metro UI.

When I look for Applications either by typing or scrolling in the Applications search box, then I don’t have a Control Panel.I have a Control Panel when I select Desktop. What have I done? I don't know how long this has been this method for the reason that at the very former I switched, using regedit, the default to the Windows 7 type of desktop. After receiving all installed programs and setting complete to my preferences, then I toggled to Metro. Thought I would effort thru a couple of the tutorials which is when I exposed no Control Panel Application .

Re: unable to locate control panel in windows 8 application store of Metro UI.

I'm not confident what may have problem is. Did you run any type of registry repair or cleaning type of software earlier than this happened?
    I connected the Control Panel shortcut from my system in a ZIP file. Following ZIP downloading then:shift the shortcut into the hidden system folder below.Go to the C then: ProgramData ,then : Microsoft ,then :Windows, then Start Menu, then Programs You might or may not have to log in or log off afterwards, but with any luck that'll put in it back.
    Hope this helps.

You shouldn't have to immobilize the METRO UI to use command prompt as user admin. Just type CMD in the metro start screen, it'll look for for and show the outcome, then right click the outcome and choose ‘Run as admin’ at the bottom right.

When you are in the start menu from metro, you don't require appearing for a box to category in. Just strike cmd keys which is command prompt on your keyboard, it'll mechanically discover the search box and also show the search results. I can appreciate, metro's a pretty strange interface for those of us used to a normal desktop GUI.

I believe that chkdsk ,scannow/ sfc which did repair some troubles, I don't recognize if restoring the setting ‘registry’ I'd changed partial the outcome or not and at present I don't desire to take out the occasion to chase that one down. I'll go in advance and checked this as solved and utilize divide threads for several of my observations and questions.