Thread: Will it be worth to upgrade Windows for gaming

Will it be worth to upgrade Windows for gaming

I want to know that will it be worth to upgrade Windows for gaming only. I tried looking out for some games which showed that it works better on Windows 7. I am having a Sony series laptop with an 1GB gpu support. So just want to confirm as Windows 7 consumes more resources than older version of Windows.

Re: Will it be worth to upgrade Windows for gaming

This was an really bad experiment that I did with Windows 7 upgrade without going in detail. I thought things are automated here and will not take much time. Anyhow the setup process does not need advance knowledge. All is done by the setup wizard. What happen here is, last operating system on my system was Windows XP. I installed Windows 7 beta before that for testing. It was really nice working no issue. I got a update which told me update Windows 7 RC.I performed a upgrade. This time I was going to run Windows 7 RC. I installed it directly over the existing installation. The laptop which I use is some similar to your series. When the update was finished it told me to reboot the system. I did that and the system is simply work in safe mode. It is not at all coming out of it. I am really annoyed with this. I found some steps to fix this via safe mode and that too did not work. In end I downloaded again new drivers for this operating system. They do did not worked. My screen is super large size with bad video and graphics. The screen is just worst. I have a GeForce Go 7900 GTS in the laptop.

I think the drivers are not compatible with the version of Windows 7 I am using. I cannot even revert those changes back. I am now planing to downgrade my system back again. This can be the only thing that can fix the issues.

Re: Will it be worth to upgrade Windows for gaming

That is why Microsoft made upgrade adviser. For novice this is very important to use this, before making a upgrade.