Thread: Partition for H.D.D in Preloaded Windows 7 operating system.

Partition for H.D.D in Preloaded Windows 7 operating system.

Please anyone help me to do partition in my HP's brand new Notebook PC. I have windows 7 operating system and I want to do partition in it. I want you to guide be with necessary tips so that I can do clean partition. Also tell me the different ways of partitions. All you replies will be appreciated.

Re: Partition for H.D.D in Preloaded Windows 7 operating system.

I want to let you know that Windows 7 operating system have 2 partitions by default. Actually 2 partitions is required and they have reasons for it. Pc with windows 7 operating system reserve partition which is hidden. This is hidden because when the system crashes, it boots into recovery console to recover Windows 7 from crashing. You cannot make more than four partitions in basic disk, as per I know.

At the most every basic H.D.D has four primary partitions. The following are the four primary partitions:
    • System Reserved (primary, NTFS, system, active, default boot)
    • OS (primary, NTFS, main windows 7 partition)
    • Recovery Partition (primary, NTFS, HP's windows 7 recovery partition, to recovery from crash using F11)
    • Hp Tools (primary, FAT32, new feature in HP's Notebook used to diagnose Hardware such as H.D.D, Ram etc.,)

You can choose which ever you want as per your convenience.

A disk initialized for basic storage is called a basic disk. As per my information, only four partitions are possible in basic disk. For that using shrink command from Disk management resize the partition and then make new simple volume. This is one of the other ways of partition. You can also simply convert OS primary partition to logical partition. While doing that don’t touch the recovery partition. As per requirement resize the OS partition. After that make more logical drives from space remaining as its not going to cause any harm to your data and operating system.

While doing partition remember that you visit to the official website for more detailed instruction. I recommend you to visit official website because for safe partition. As any wrong step, may cause trouble to your system. Also remember that system reserve partition must be active. The reason is that this partition going to boot windows 7 operating system. As logical partitions cannot be active, to convert primary partition to extended partition.

As per I am concerned, the Disk Management in Windows 7 operating system has no option to create Extended partition. I have personally observed that it becomes automatic in Disk Management. The first three that you will create will be counted or set as primary partition and while creating the fourth partition it will be automatically create as Extended Partition. After your fourth partition if go to create another partition then the system will warn you that the disk will convert to dynamic disk. For creating more than four partitions you have to use third party software and I recommend you not to use that.