Thread: Explorer.exe is crashing: Error message’ NOTIFYWND_OTEX_LLDS_082803: Explorer.exe ‘

Explorer.exe is crashing: Error message’ NOTIFYWND_OTEX_LLDS_082803: Explorer.exe ‘

i am having a particuar isseu which i want to discuss with you all. The Windows Explorer is seems be crashing on the computer. Its prompting follwoing error message on the screen. The title abr of the error message is ‚ NOTIFYWND_OTEX_LLDS_082803: Explorer.EXE - Application Error’. The main error message can be described as ‘The instruction at "0x7c91b21a" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "written". Click on the OK to terminate the program, Click on CANCEL to debug the program’ this particular error message is occurring on the computer when I am looking to exploring or searching the file on the computer. let me know if you are having any solution to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Explorer.exe is crashing: Error message’ NOTIFYWND_OTEX_LLDS_082803: Explorer.exe ‘

I am unable to find out why this particular is occurring on the computer. Well i am posting following question which you can answer so that i can figure out the root cause of the problem. First of let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Do you have installed any antivirus program on the computer? I think this problem is seems to be happening due to the virus attack on the computer.

Re: Explorer.exe is crashing: Error message’ NOTIFYWND_OTEX_LLDS_082803: Explorer.exe ‘

I have noticed that the most of the time is being happening due to the Explorer crashes due to the bad or corrupted context menu. The most efficient way to fix the issue is to use ShellExView. It is an excellent tool to view and manage all the installed Shell extension. You need to disable all the non Microsoft context menu one after the another and see whether the issue is being solved or not. I am hoping that the thing which you have provided over here would be helpful to me.

I am highly suspecting that this problem is occurring due to the corrupted user profile on the computer. So i recommend that you should create a new user profile on the computer and see whether you are able to fix the problem or not. if the problem is not existing after creating the new profile then i am sure that the your old user profile was the culprit of the root cause of the problem. If your issue is solved then you should delete the corrupted user profile and use the new user profile. You can transfer all the files and settings of the corrupted user profile to the new user profile.

In this particular thing i am thinking that the root cause of the problem would be the corrupted windows file on the computer. Hence i recommend that you should run System File Checker on the computer so that it would replace the missing or the corrupted files on the computer. You should execute the SFC/SCAN command on the command prompt and press enter. Make sure that you are executing the command with administrative rights.

I have seen numerous cases where such problem is occurring due to virus attack on the computer. Well let me know whether you have installed antivirus program on the computer. If you are not having then you should install the good antivirus program on the computer.also make sure that you have updated the same with latest virus definitions. After doing the same you should run virus scan on the computer. Once you have completed you should reboot the computer.

In this particular scenario i am suggesting couple of thing which you should try to fix the problem. First of all you should try to do system restore on the computer. Well you should restore the computer the restore point where there was no problem. If system restore is not working than you should visit the Microsoft website and go for the windows updates if it is available . after installing the windows updates you should restart the computer.