Thread: Why the bootcamp for windows 7 is so slow

Why the bootcamp for windows 7 is so slow

I am looking to buy a new MacBook Pro and I also want to run Windows 7 on it. I was wondering about if I install Windows 7 on this macbook then will bootcamp slow down the Windows operating system to extra layer compared to using PC hardware and will the Mac OS X run in the same way? I am just thinking about how slow the operating system would perform? Thanks for any ideas.

Re: Why the bootcamp for windows 7 is so slow

You wont face any slowness while booting to Windows 7 in a Bootcamp partition since it runs in the same speed like any other Windows PC that you see around. The Windows OS is usually installed using Bootcamp Assitant that is natively installed, it will use all the computers hardware resources along with all its RAM as well. However you cannot run both the MAC OS X and Windows 7 simultaneously, but can boot into any of the OSes individually if you like.

Re: Why the bootcamp for windows 7 is so slow

Bootcamp is just a software that helps you to install Windows in your Macbook pcs. EFI technology is used by MACs and Windows will not work perfectly in EFI mode with Macbook pro and with Windows 7 or any older OS. With the help of Bootcamp Assistant you can download the drivers that you want to install in Windows and also create partition to install Windows in Mac OS X. Hope this helps

You will not face any slow loading issue of Windows 7 or Mac OS X in your Macbook with Bootcamp which is just a program used for dual booting both the OS. I will also suggest that you give atleast 100Gb of space for Windows if you want to run Windows properly. You will have to give Windows this much space because you would want to use third party apps if you want to resize the Windows partition.