Thread: Re-Installing Windows without recovery disks

Re-Installing Windows without recovery disks

My new Acer Predator G has been responding lately. I tried a restore point, but this does not seem to help. As a last resort was to reformat the disk and reinstall 7. However I never sent Acer recovery discs and I have Windows 7 (which came preinstalled). So my question is, if I can find someone with Windows 7 disks I can use + The CD key is printed on my desktop? Or do I have specifics? Acer propel me recovery discs $ 20, but if I can drag this off for cheap.

Re: Re-Installing Windows without recovery disks

For a few years PC (desktop as well as laptops) do not come by means of recovery discs. The recovery information is in a concealed partition within the HDD. Buyers are thought to burn the discs after the pay but hardly they do. If you can enter to Windows (safe mode otherwise generally) you can reinstate the computer toward factory state. In start menu there is a Acer folder which have Acer Management (otherwise somewhat similar to that). Run this application and this will allow you make recovery discs and to restore the computer.

If you are not able to log to Windows, you can make a contact with the Acer and purchase the recovery disc. Otherwise make use of a generic Windows disc (so long it contest the edition printed on Microsoft sticker on the computer). The MS sticker have CD key intended for the OS edition which came by means of the computer. Subsequent to installing Windows you require to install all drivers intended for this model. Download drivers as of Acer website. There is forever a modification which something will be not there. It is a lot simpler to just purchase the CDs. This will save your time.

You might contain a Restore partition right on hard drive you be able to boot to as well as restore from there. Make sure your manual otherwise see the options throughout system boot-up. If not, you be able to burn your own restore disk for each. This is the only thing that I can suggest you at the time and see if that solves the problem for you. If it does not help you then you can post back and we will provide you some other solution.