Thread: Windows Explorer keeps crashing and tries to restart in windows 7

Windows Explorer keeps crashing and tries to restart in windows 7

I am using Windows 7. I had installed many updates recently. After that whenever I turn on my pc Windows Explorer just crashes on it own. It keeps on restarting. I am unable to check my files. It crash when I open any partition. I hope this is not a update problem. What should I do here. I have recently formatted pc and installed everything in it. Nothing is working here.

Re: Windows Explorer keeps crashing and tries to restart in windows 7

Boot your pc in safe mode. And see whether the browser is crashing or not. If it is crashing then means your system is unstable. This can be due to recently installed damage updates. Run system restore. This is one of the best way to fix the problem. System restore will remove recently installed updates. Install only required things no need to install each and every update.

Boot your system in safe mode and go in Event Viewer. You can find that in Administrative Tools located inside Control Panel. Find the list of errors in it. You can find which file is causing explorer to crash. It can be a update also or it can some software related issue also. Just go in safe mode and find the entire error description. Post the complete details here in a new post, so that it will be easy to assist you.

I got this issue due a virus. I was installing a free game and this issue appeared. I was not able to do anything. Explore.exe keeps on crashing. I was able to get my data through a live cd. And at last I formatted my pc. I installed everything back from scratch. Things are working fine now. There is no issue. I think if nothing works then re-installing windows is the only last option.