Thread: How to make Virtualization OS X running Mac OS X

How to make Virtualization OS X running Mac OS X

The first beta of Virtual Box 3.2 allows a Mac to create virtual machines running Mac OS X. Handling works very well as long as we believe to make use of a disk image size fixed and not floating. This manipulation will be very interesting for those who desire on the way to test in a protected environment without damaging their system. In reality, this possibility opens up important opportunities to explore. You can download the beta of Virtual Box 3.2 at the following address: download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/3.2.0_BETA1.

Re: How to make Virtualization OS X running Mac OS X

Hello, this is indicated briefly in the presentation "This operation will be very interesting for those who want to make tests in an environment protected without damaging their system."For example, at what time we want to test the security of a system or modification of the kernel that is especially interesting because it does not change its system straightforwardly. Before he had to do it on two partitions, for example. In addition it was then reinstalled with VB you can save states of the system. One can also imagine of tests on software from sources unknown or uncertain, thus making it act in a virtual environment can be tested whether or not a trojan or seeing its action on system (change or add files).

Except for particular users such as kernel-level development as well as testing that virtualization is not really interesting. On the other hand to run a Virtual Machine must already have a comparatively powerful engine at the base. Genre Mac Pro by means of several GB of RAM and more cores possible. Short for one who has Mac Book or else MacBook Pro's sake is very relative.

Anyway I believe that Virtual Box is more used to run a Windows to a Mac or else Linux in a Mac (for the Mac version of Virtual Box). The ability on the way to turn a Mac into a Windows or Linux is not allowed from Apple. Cons by what could take place are if the 3.2 Virtual Box has the capability to run Mac OSX be able to be sure will come to enable this functionality for Windows as well as Linux versions of VirtualBox.

I did not state it was not possible, however it is not comfortable. I as well run Windows on Virtual Box on a Mac Book Pro and 4GB of ram. The Mac is set to heat up more than I have been functioning on for some weeks and at what time I returned I stink on a Windows computer. I have not found it mainly interesting and I am frightened the Mac farts between fingers all the occasion. At what time the Mac Book Pro works under OS X without Virtual Machine is happiness, with the Virtual Machine was worse than a computer: overheating, reduced autonomy as well as reduced performance of the Mac as a whole. That's why in my knowledge the Mac Pro is better equipped to withstand Virtual Machine, even if it is possible to run a Virtual Machine under a Mac Book Pro.