Thread: Is Easy Debian Emulated or is it Native?

Is Easy Debian Emulated or is it Native?

I was thinking if easy debian is emulated to work on N900 or Can not say if it is native?I am querying to work out some things. But the biggest concern is regarding the speed , my system lags a lot and there is a lot of delay in the gimp . But there is one more doubt that it can be installed in the gimp or not . I am waiting for you people to response , please tell and guide me as I am waiting for your response .

Re: Is Easy Debian Emulated or is it Native?

To be precise its native,but from a end user viewpoint its used as you would utilize an emulator (all right a well included one like parallels dektop)from a presentation perspective its someplace in between. The practical term is chrooting and deploying it on an x server inside a window. It is native because it is compiled for arm4 , but still I will say that it is native, I think you should also will conclude the same .

I consider I will l remain it installed to my SD card if you say so then.It's a big and useful application to applications to use.I am still making a lot of changes according to my requirements it. I am trying to make out how to modify the start menu button again. I changed it once, and can't remember what I clicked (program/look) to modify it?I have a Gnome foot I wish to make use of for lxdeMenu.Does anybody how what is used to choose the lxdemenu icon?

Well I do not think that Easy Debian is not emulated. It is a virtual platform, rather than a virtual machine. A complete Linux filesystem is within that image file you downloaded, and the Debian applications make use of the files from there, not from Maemo. Gimp is not so big on the N900 for drawing; it has a obvious delay after concluding drawing a stroke previous to you can make another stroke. But it is all right for photo management and touch-up.

You can run Debian applications if there is not the second X-Server, making the entire understanding much more "Native", but the User interface of most of the applications is so inappropriate for Fremantle that we hardly ever do it that way. Gimp is a good illustration of an application that works much improved in LXDE ( if it has the canvas on desktop 2 and there is also present toolbox and menus on the first desktop) than in Maemo 5.