Thread: Windows 7: Normal User cannot use Personalize

Windows 7: Normal User cannot use Personalize

I have Windows 7 running here on my system and I have just upgraded the system to have the Windows 7 here. Now while doing some changes I have seen that when I was logging in as a normal user I was not allowed to use the personalize option here. If I forcefully try to do this I have seen that I receive an error message like Explorer.exe Unspecified error. Is it really like that I can not have this working in my case. Is it really like that this is with Windows 7 and there is nothing that I can do to overcome the issue here. Please let me know if this is really the case here.

Re: Windows 7: Normal User cannot use Personalize

Looking at the thing that you have presented here it seems that you must have made some changes in the Group Policy and hence you might be getting the issue here. This issue you will be able to see if you will alter the things in the domain with Group Policy. So if you have made some changes in the group Policy for the Personalize in the Personalize Control Panel; then just revert all the things there and let me know about the same there.

Well really let me tell you that you should have not get the issue as such like this and if you are getting the issue then it seems to me that your system is severely hit with some malicious program and hence on the diagnostic step I would like you to see if you can just have a scan of all the whole system of yours there. Please update the antivirus of your system and then see it can solve the issue of yours here. Go for the through scan of the system.

I think that you should get the AVG free installed in your case and then go for the through scan of your system there. Well it is available for free and if you really want to have this working then this will be really a great step to follow here. One of the great things about this antivirus is that it is available for free and if you do not like that then you can get it uninstalled and that too without losing anything there. Please give this a try for sure.

If at all you are looking for the for the Antivirus then let me tell you that it will be great if you can have the free version of the ESET NOD 32 installed on your system and then scan the whole system and see if the issue was because of the Virus there. Please while making this make sure that you do all the installation of the things in the clean manner here. Give this a hit and let me get notified about the same after that.

It will be great if you can try all the things in the Safe Mode. Try to do the scan in the Safe Mode as if this issue is because of the Virus then it will be rectified handsomely in the Safe Mode there. After the scan gets completed successfully see if the issue of the personalization gets rectified there. For going in the Safe Mode you will have to reboot the system and then while the system restarts you will be required to press the F8 key there. After that using the arrow keys choose the Safe Mode. Try the steps here and then let me know about the same here.