Thread: I want to upgrade new windows 7 version without having CD drive

I want to upgrade new windows 7 version without having CD drive

I just purchased a new netbook with inbuilt windows 7 starter on it. Its Acer aspire one. Now I want to upgrade to windows 7 home premium. I want to know, if I purchase the upgrade, does it need an installation CD? Because this netbook does not consists any CD drive. Can I able to upgrade without having to buy an external CD or DVD drive? If there any ways to do this please give me.

Re: I want to upgrade new windows 7 version without having CD drive

As per my knowledge you do not require to buy a usual upgrade edition of Windows 7. You only require buy a Windows Anytime Upgrade license. For that visit official side of windows and download Windows Anytime Upgrade, utility. With this you can include latest features to Windows 7 and do much more with your netbook. It’s simple, fast, and you will keep your files, settings and Programs.

You can use USB as alternative e for that by using USB you can upgrade you windows 7 version easily for that you just need to take copy of new version in your USB and connect you netbook and restart while restating you need to press F8 key and then you will get boot screen then you have to select boot mode from USB and then you can able to install new version of windows 7 in you netbook.

There are different ways t gets new version copy in your netbook without using CD. If you have internet connection thy o u can download windows anytime upgrade utility form official side the n if you don’t have internet connection then take any other persons computer and connect with your netbook with USB or with wireless connection like Bluetooth and take copy from that computer in to your netbook.

Here I am having some steps to you to install Windows 7 with USB drive. First connect your USB Flash Drive with the computer and format USB drive. Now build up Windows 7 iso as drive and then go to the Start the in run and type cmd in search box. Now directory to directory where you have enlarged MBRWiz and run subsequent commands type mbrwiz /list then mbrwiz /disk=X /active=X and then exit. Now open one more command window and enter following command J: CD boot and bootsect /nt60 Y: and copy all files from USB drive where you have mount Windows 7 iso. Now restart your computer and press F9 from keyboard for getting your BIOS screen and choose USB drive as your boot mode or drive. After this successful process Your Windows 7 Installation will start from your USB drive.