Thread: Windows 7 Starter does not support DVD drives

Windows 7 Starter does not support DVD drives

I as well just obtain a new netbook as well as Windows 7 Starter installed furthermore it won't play or else burn a DVD. It does, on the other hand, burn as well as play CDs. Subsequent to searching many sites, I observe that Windows 7 Starter DOES NOT support a DVD drive, even if I contain a external DVD. So at the moment, I will have to buy the Windows7 Home Edition in order to play as well as burn DVDs. This sucks, particularly after paying so much for this netbook.

Re: Windows 7 Starter does not support DVD drives

Windows7 Starter version is designed for entry level computers and netbooks, which is essentially designed for common computing as well as accessing Web-based apps.Windows7 starter does not support DVD playback, it comes by means of just a inadequate set of functionalists.I would suggest you on the way to upgrade your OS from Windows7 Starter to higher edition of Windows7.Else, you may possibly need to contact the manufacturer of the netbook.

I think this will be the one major cause that turns me away from Microsoft! Restraining the connection of an external DVD player? How much does Microsoft dislike their own customer-base? I as well just purchase a NetBook as well as was told by the salesperson that the external DVD player would work flawlessly!Hope that external DVD player will work.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have definitely attemptedd the entire process by means of both the usb 2 as well as usb power-only cable connected. The consequence was the similar. I have seen other posts regarding this particular drive functioning on netbooks without the power cable as a result I suppose that power is not the problem. I have not in reality investigate the power supplied from the netbook is inside specifications - I most likely be supposed to - however because the drive is promoted as a great drive for netbooks, I would believe several attention would be drained to that specification if it was close to the line.

In view of the fact that it works on the windows XP laptop I wouldn't suppose any hardware problem by means of the drive itself. I do know that sometimes restarting the netbook through the drive connected may possibly alter power for the usb ports however not certain that will assist. As well verify in device manager beneath Universal Serial Bus Controllers every hub furthermore or else root hub, beneath power management tab as well as make certain to unmark the allow PC on the way to turn off. As well the power tab may possibly offer you some information on what kind of power what device is making use.