Thread: Is this possible to Upgrade to 4.2.1 without upgrading baseband

Is this possible to Upgrade to 4.2.1 without upgrading baseband

I really don’t know about this. But I just heard from my friend that without upgrading baseband. So I am just shocked, because, I don’t know that this is possible or not. Is there a way to do this? Please suggest something useful information regarding this matter. Or also require some more detail related to this topic. If possible, than please provide in a simple way.

Re: Is this possible to Upgrade to 4.2.1 without upgrading baseband

How much I know about this, No, not up till now, wait for Pwnage tool to be updated so you can update to custom 4.2 IPSW in order to continue your baseband. So I must say here that just be patience. And wait for some time. I am sure you get your solution very soon. Or if you get this answer from anywhere else then please also provide me. I mean also know me about this.

I am extremely confused by the regularly great iClarified tutorial on unlocking 4.2.1 with redsnow. I have a 3G jailbroken and unlocked on 4.0.1. I just have windows existing so cannot simply make a custom ipsw. I want to go to 4.2.1, but reading the tutorial signifying a shift restore to 4.2.1 makes me trust that I will unintentionally upgrade baseband at present. If that is the case then I would have to go the iPad route to release, which I do not require. Have I understood properly or will redsnow protect baseband at 05.13.05 because it does not appear clear to me. If I am being dull-witted apologies but any assist in providing me console that I can pursue tutorial securely would be respected.

I have a 3GS and I would like to upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.2.1. I have all SHSH's on my file. I would like to keep my baseband and not upgrade to Musclenerd's novel baseband. Is it possible to do this by utilizing a pc? If so, then how? Will the jailbreak be tethered or untethered? Please provide few help which help me for this matter. Thank you for your help!