Thread: windows 7: Error "Windows cannot be installed to this disk"

windows 7: Error "Windows cannot be installed to this disk"

Hello friends, I'm doing a custom install of Windows 7 64-bit, and am starting from the upgraded DVD. I have the most recent BIOS from Intel. I am not performing with the built-in Silicon Image SATA RAID controller, and have my SATA set to imitate IDE mode in the BIOS. Through the Windows 7 DVD boot, it still tells me that it requests additional drivers, so I point it towards the newest Vista 64-bit Silicon Image drivers from Intel, and it proceeds to the next screen. I then after that get the screen that displays me the list of my disks and partitions that request where I want to install Windows. On every single disk I click on, at the underside of the dialog-box, I see a blond triangle with exclamation point and the message "Windows cannot be installed to Disk “.I then ensure that the disk's controller is allow in the computer's BIOS menu.". How could I solve this problem? please help.

Re: windows 7: Error "Windows cannot be installed to this disk"

If the drive is viewing up in the registry, then drivers are NOT surely the problem. If the drives are not shown at all, then drivers ARE surely the problem. To repair the error displayed 1: you first DELETE or remove the drive you want to install the Operating System on. 2: After deleting it Restart the system 3: Once you are return back to the drive list, create a fresh partition 4: configure and format the fresh partition 5: you can now at this time can install the Operating System. This error can happen on Windows 7 and 2008 Server.

As per my recommendation I think that the only solution is to find for the Windows 7 compatible drivers for the SATA driver’s controller or you may also get the latest controller. I think that luckily the 32 bit version appears to work with it. View what happens with it, hope this will work

What you are doing is performing the upgrade install that is the reason it is creating the much problem for the other people also. I will very firstly suggest you to do the clean installation which is also called the custom installation. Also remove entire previous partitions and start it once again with the fresh new partition. Hope this should have to install with no further errors. this will surely assist you