Thread: Sound driver in opensuse 11.2 for Vlc

Sound driver in opensuse 11.2 for Vlc

Hoping somebody might be capable to point me to an explanation. I am utilizing OpenSuse 11.2 on a Dell Studio laptop. I have encompassed sound from side to side the internal speakers, additional than no sound from side to side the headphones. I am utilizing KDE and Kmix does have encompassed a volume control for the headphone, and it is not muted. Nothing of the sounds is muted. I have encompassed run the alsa update as described in an additional thread and with the intention of did not assist.

Re: Sound driver in opensuse 11.2 for Vlc

Your mixer assortments obtainable to you give the impression of being unsuitable for a current version or description of alsa. It recommend to me the alsa to bring up to date might have been performed imperfectly. In addition, your version or description of alsa according to the diagnostic script output is 1.0.21/1.021a, additional than the most recent is 1.0.23, in addition suggesting you did not to bring up to date, or if you did update then the supervision you followed was merely for a limited update.

I do not have contain the link handy additional than it was a by means of the intention of recommended utilizing zypper subsequent to adding a multimedia repository to get the most recent alsa software. subsequent to doing this, the repository requirements to be detached commencing Yast. I determine to revisit this if I be able to locate additional information in sequence on how to bring up to date to the most recent for OpenSuse 11.2I highlighted the version or description number of the submission where you encompass the WRONG version subsequent to updating. I in addition highlighted the alsa-driver-unstable-kmp-desktop by means of the intention of is BIG mistake in installing at the similar time as alsa-driver-kmp-defaulting.

Did you eliminate mutually alsa-driver-kmp-desktop and eliminate alsa-driver-unstable-kmp-desktop similar to I asked, previous to re-installing alsa-driver-kmp-desktop. If you did not go subsequent to with the intention of sequence, then it would not run. Did you reboot as asked. You are convinced the hardware is superior. You might in addition endeavor forcing a number of model alternatives upon booting to observe if by means of the intention of assist (even though theoretically it is supposed to not be compulsory by means of 1.0.23 of alsa). If "dell-m6" does not run, endeavor an additional alternative model commencing by means of the intention of list.

I am moderately innovative to linux in general and encompass immediately installed opensuse 11.2. I have encompassed it inaugurated on a Fujitsu Siemens v5535 Esprimo laptop. The onboard video/graphics come into view to be extremely sluggish. On investigation I have encompassed originate it is utilizing a VESA driver. Hardware information in sequence demonstrate apparatus as 771/671 pcie vga display adapter. I am owner of the similar sound card, additional than excavation premeditated for PCI slot. This card has no real X-Fi chip surrounded by, so there is no real driver tribulations (as you determine to observe it uses some older one). Immediately a number of disappointment might be with the intention of you purchased 'fake marketing product'.

I endeavor your submission additional than tranquil no sound. The sound arrangement in Yast has detected the card (additional than it says "not configured SB1040"). I have comprised stimulated the 50-sound.conf file and in addition a 50-sound.confYast2save file (almost certainly from when I configured the card) and completed certain the sound is not muted, additional than no luck. The card runs in dual boot XP. I take for granted you are utilizing openSUSE-11.2. Is with the intention of accurate. Why are you giving the impression of being in YaST. It does not hold up or maintain Xfi. Every time you go in there it determines to generate a 0-sound.conf file, which conquers the purpose of eliminating the file. Are you utilizing creative's linux drivers for by means of the intention of card or the open source. I be familiar by means of when I was working a imaginative card I had to utilize the imaginative driver to get it to run, which was extremely well other than each time I got a kernel to bring up to date the sound would stop running and would encompass reinstall the driver.