Thread: Screen goes blank after logging in after waking up from sleep

Screen goes blank after logging in after waking up from sleep

Hi all, I have the Acer laptop and have installed the windows 7 in it. It is running very fine till I let it to sleep mode. Once it is made to sleep mode and again if I try to get it back to the normal mode then the whole screen goes blank and nothing happens. The only option left after that is to restart the computer. After rebooting it does not show the problem. Please tell me what may be the problem behind this and how can I get out of this. Thanks.

Re: Screen goes blank after logging in after waking up from sleep

There may be some processes running in your computer which may not allow your computer to display anything or which may not allow your computer to get out of the sleep mode. You should use task manager. Press Alt+Ctrl+Del and it will open the Task manager and you will see the processes running. End any such process if you found that. I hope this will help you.

Your system may be affected by virus attack and it may corrupted some of the files on in the operating system and that is why you are not able to get awake from sleep mode. Scan the whole system with the updated antivirus and clean all the files which are affected by that. If that is not a system file and you dont need that anymore then you can simply delete that file instead of cleaning that. This may fix the issue if is related to the virus attack.

This is a much known issue at these days. There are many other users who have reported the same symptoms with their computer. This is not the problem because of the virus but it is the problem with the system. At the moment the only possible solution for this is to turn the sleep mode off completely. This problem is also known by the programmers and I am sure that are working on it to fix this.

You may have problem with your display driver. It may not be working properly or it may have corrupted. You should uninstall it and install that again and if that also does not help you then you can download the latest driver from internet and install that in your computer. Updating the display driver will fix the issue. In may of such cases updating the driver solves the issue.

A faulted Video card may also cause such issues. To check that it that is the case for you also then you should remove the video card for sometime and log in to the system. And then let it to sleep mode. again try to wake up from sleep mode. If you find that it is waking up properly and you are not getting any issue with it then it is clear that it is the video card issue and you can go for the solution accordingly.

Hey thank you very much to all of you for your replies for the issue. I was also having the same problem with my laptop. The problem was with my display driver. I updated the driver from internet to the latest driver and installed that. After installing that when I rebooted the system, and checked by waking up from sleep mode I found that the problem was resolved. You should also do this if you are searching for the solution for some similar problem.