Thread: Windows 7 does not recognize monitor Acer H233H

Windows 7 does not recognize monitor Acer H233H

After upgrading to Windows 7 64bit (Prof) from Windows Vista, I am facing the problem of monitor Acer H233H. My monitor is not getting detected in Windows 7, which earlier was working properly with Windows Vista. I am not having enough knowledge about this part but I know that there is absolutely no need of drivers for the monitor. Now I am not able to work on my system because of this problem. Also I am not having any other supplementary monitor so that I can change the operating system back to Windows Vista or Windows XP. Please help me immediately. :

Re: Windows 7 does not recognize monitor Acer H233H

EDID is an acronym for Extended Display Identification Data. It is broadcasted through the DDC (Display Data Channel) and is used by the operating system to conclude which modes the monitor supports, as defined by the manufacturer. EDID also restrains information such as monitor manufacturer/model, timings, screen size, color system, and so on. CRT monitors can be run at resolutions higher than the ones stored in the EDID. I have lucratively run a monitor rated for 1024x768 at 1152x864, and a monitor rated for 1280x1024 at 1920x1152. It is also achievable to run CRT monitors at higher refresh rates than those specified in the EDID; this is useful when, for example, the highest resolution of a monitor only allows a 60 Hz refresh rate, but a refresh rate of 70 Hz is preferred.

If you working on the operating system like Windows Vista (or Windows 7), you have possibly observed that you can only select modes exposed by your monitor even if you uncheck "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display". This is not limited to Display Settings: the NVIDIA Control Panel (if you have an NVIDIA card) and List All Modes dialog also display only those modes that are permitted by the EDID.

You should also try to use the MonitorInfoView v1.05. MonitorInfoView is a diminutive effectiveness that demonstrates indispensable information about your monitor: manufacture week / year, monitor manufacturer, monitor model, supported display modes, and more. The information is hauled out from the EDID ("Extended display identification data") records accumulated on your computer. This utility is unconfined as freeware. You are allowed to liberally distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM, Internet, or in any other way, as long as you do not arraign anything for this. If you allocate this utility, you must include all files in the distribution package, without any modification.

MonitorInfoView does not oblige any installation process or supplementary DLL files. In order to start using it, just copy the executable file (MonitorInfoView) to any folder you like, and run it. The main window has 2 panes of MonitorInfoView: The top pane demonstrates the list of monitors, and when selecting a monitor in the top pane, the bottom pane displays the list of supported display modes for the selected monitor. For most computers, you'll find only solitary item monitor in the top pane. But if you have multiple monitors connected to your system, you should have one exhibit article for each monitor.