Thread: Why Cant I login to second account in Windows XP?

Why Cant I login to second account in Windows XP?

Hello friends, I have desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP Professional on it. I have two users account created in the Windows out of which one has all the administration rights while other is a limited account. The Problem is I am not able to login in to the second user account which is a limited account. Whenever I try to login, the system shows that it is logging in and then starts to log off. I can login using the Admin account without any problems. I want to know Why Cant I login to second account in Windows XP?. I cant figure out what the problem is and hence I need your help. Is this because of some kind of Virus? Or this is an operating system issue?

Re: Why Cant I login to second account in Windows XP?

Is there any password set for the Limited account which you are trying to log into? If yes then check if you are typing the correct combination of the username and password to login. Sometimes the Windows will not prompt if the password entered is incorrect and will show that it is logging in. Either remove or change the password of the Limited account and then try to login to the account. Use admin account to remove or change the password of the limited account. If the problem still persists after changing or removing the password then the operating system needs to be checked.

I think the permissions are not properly set for the limited account that is why the system is not able to login to the account. If the permissions are not correctly defined for the account then the system prevents user from using the account. Log in to the system using the Administrator account and define the permissions to the account again. Changing the permission of the limited account will surely solve the problem.

Dr. V Guest

The User accounts in the Windows operating system get corrupt due to several reasons. If the user account gets corrupted then the system will not be able to log in to the account and hence will keep on logging off whenever the account is tried to access. Create some other account using the admin account and transfer all the files which belong to the limited account to the new account then delete the limited account. Log off from the Admin account and then log in to the new account which is created. Now all the files which belong to the limited account can be accessed using the New account.

There is a high possibility that the Limited account which you are trying to access is corrupted by some kind of virus. Whenever a virus infects the files which are related to the user account, the user account becomes inaccessible. The only solution is to copy all the files and folders belonging to the limited account to some new account and then to delete the user account. Before creating a new account and transferring all files, scan the computer with an updated antivirus and repair or quarantine all the infected files. If you dont have an updated antivirus, you can use the free online scan facility provided by many of the Antivirus solution provider companies.

The operating system on your computer has got corrupt and hence it needs to be reinstalled. The system files associated to the user accounts must have got corrupt and hence you are not able to login to the account. Insert the installation disk of Windows XP and then boot the system from the disk. Select the Repair windows option and see if it works. If repairing the Windows does not work then you will have to install a fresh copy of the Windows XP. Before doing all this procedure, take the backup of all the necessary data as you may need to format the drive while installation.