Thread: System Clock running too fast in Windows 7

System Clock running too fast in Windows 7

Hey Friends, I have got an issue with the Windows 7 operating system that i am using for my computer System. So when i click on the clock and move it the i am getting the clock is running faster then the normal speed and and i don't know that how to resolve this issue. So that is why i can to you people to get the solution of the same. Can any one tell me why "system clock running too fast in Windows 7". A help may be appreciated

Re: System Clock running too fast in Windows 7

I have got the solution of the same as it happens to my system also after searching a lot on the internet. So i am posting this to help for you also. I have turn off the computer and then waited for the 10 minutes and after that i have turn on it back and it is started working and after that i have never faced this problem any more. If you have get this after the turn on of the PC and still getting the same then repeat the same for 2 to 3 time and hope you will get it working. Thats it

As per my knowledge about the Windows 7 this problem occur when the Windows Time service got corrupted so if you are also gett9ing the same problem then follow the step that i am describing here for help of you.
    From the Start menu open the Command prompt
    and then run following command:
    • net stop w32time
    • w32tm /unregister
    • w32tm /register
    • net start w32time

Now restart the computer to change take effect and again try to work with clock of your. Hope that this will work

Hi i have tried the method and stuck with the w32time it is telling me that it is not running. i also tried to run the other command and got the error that the command is unregistered. So tell me how to make this things working as i have not yet get the solution of this problem. A help may be appreciated with the thanks

If you are still getting the problem go with the step that is discussed below to solve the problem. Hope this time you get the solution of it
    • Click Start
    • On search type services.msc, Hit Enter key
    • navigate to Windows Time, double click on it
    • Check whether service status is Start?
    • Not started then start it
    • And change ten startup type automatically
    • Now restart computer and check the problem is still there or solved

This could be happening because of the java Environment as i have got the a post related to this on the internet which is discussing about the Sun java plug in tat causes this issue of the clock to run faster then it is expected. The solution of the same is to change the run time parameter of the Sun Java Plug-in. As i have not get this problem but read the article of the same that is why i am suggesting you. So try this and see that it is working for you or not.

this also happen in one of my server 2008 r2, I still trying to figuring wtf is going on...