Thread: Windows 7 hang up when using solid color background

Windows 7 hang up when using solid color background

Hi there, I have recently installed the Windows 7 to my computer for my personal use so that i can have the latest version of the Microsoft product. But got one problem that i am unable to understand. Actually i am setting the computer desktop background to the solid color at that time i am getting the system hang up for the 30 second. After that it comes to the normal procedure. I have no idea why Windows 7 hang up when using solid color background . So any one have the knowledge about the same can step forward to help me. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Ekpah; 18-01-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Re: Windows 7 hang up when using solid color background

This is the known issue of the Windows 7 which hang up when using the Solid background color as desktop. So there is no need to worry about this. This is not the big issue that will harm your system. This can be solved with the latest update of the Windows 7 that will not have the same problem. So if you are looking forward to fix this issue then go with the update of the same. This will solve your issue. Hope you like it. Say thanks if you like this. Thanks

Yes that true that you have get the system hang when using the desktop background as solid color which is known issue with the Windows 7 as well as the Windows Server 2008 R2. This problem you will not get when you are log on to the computer with the help of the Remote Desktop Connection. And also with the when you will stop the or disable the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service. It can be cured by using the image file for the desktop background. To know more about this you can visit here

I have gone through the detail that is given by you i and like the same. Now i planning to update my Windows 7 but the problem is that as i have stated that i am new user of the Windows 7 then i have very less knowledge about the same. SO can any one help with update procedure of the Windows 7. And also let me know that how to disable the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service. Hope i will get the solution of this too
    Last edited by Ekpah; 18-01-2010 at 09:30 AM.

The update of the Windows 7 requires the Genuineness of the Windows product. So if you wish to update then check whether the product that you are using is genuine or not. After that go to the Microsoft site and look for the update of the same. Just check the link that i am providing you for the update.
    How to update Windows 7 to RC from a beta version
    Update Windows 7 build 7000 to 7048 or clean install?

To stop or disable the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service, follow these steps:

• Click Start button, in the Search programs and files box, type Services, and then press ENTER.
    • Double-click Desktop Window Manager Session Manager.
    • To disable the service, in the Startup type list, select Disabled, and then click Apply.
    • To stop the service, click the Stop button, and then click Apply.