Thread: How to Disable synchronous buffer for faster transfer rates

How to Disable synchronous buffer for faster transfer rates

Hi,
    My hard drive works slow. I am using Windows. It took some time to transfer a data from one drive to another. On searching net I found that by Disable synchronous buffer I can improve the the transfer rates. Is it possible to do this. What will be the effect of the same. Also I need some suggestions of improving the RAM speed in my computer. I have ample of RAM but that works slow.

Re: How to Disable synchronous buffer for faster transfer rates

It is possible to disable synchronous buffer for faster transfer rates. This is for those who use intensive applications transfer disks (audio processing, video ... etc). It involves disabling the synchronous buffer. There is likely to be dysfunctional by disabling this feature and if this were to happen you can always use ScanDisk to check and eliminate the areas lost.

But it is not easy to perform this. Because all the values are set to it. Make a right click of the mouse on My Computer, select Properties, then Performance, click System Files ... and select the Troubleshooting tab. Finally, check the box Disable synchronous buffer and then click OK to close the windows and restart Windows. Try this hope it works.

When you open applications in Windows (word processing, games, what do I know ...), they hold the RAM, which is quite normal. The problem is that once these programs closed, the memory is not fully paid. First restarting windows can make some RAM free. You can use any third party memory booster tool which can help you in this matter. And it is convenient to use that also.

You can use a a third party tool or a small trick here which I am posting right now. It is quiet simple to do that. By creating a small text with Notepad (Notepad) and creating a shortcut on the desktop, you will be able to free memory. Open Notepad and type this - FreeMem = Space (24000000). Save this text under the name you want but with the VBS extension. It'll just make a click right mouse on this text and click Send To > Desktop.

Dr. V Guest

A memory booster software can help you out to free up your RAM. What most happens is when you run or install many applications then your memory gets more engaged in it. The above example work fine this can free 24 megabytes of memory without using any system resources. But you also can face error message by running that. Limit yourself to half the ram installed and especially remember to close all open programs before you click this shortcut.