Thread: How to get back lost Administrator account access in Windows 7?

How to get back lost Administrator account access in Windows 7?

Hi there, I have just brought a new laptop for my personal which is inbuilt with the Windows 7 operating system. I have created two account on it so the one i will use as administrator and another for the family member of mine. But the problem is that when i am accessing the administrator account and trying to install any software it show me that i am using the standard user account and need the administrator account. Please help me for the same. Thanks in advance

Re: How to get back lost Administrator account access in Windows 7?

Have you create back of the system. If yes then I'll suggest you to reload that and the create the Administrator and the standard account once again i think this will help you regarding the problem you are facing. If not then let me know I'll find some other solution of the same. Say thanks if it works for you. Till that time bye

Hey. Try to change the disk property as owner then check whether it working or not. just go to the MMC and then to manage computer option. There you will find the disk property, access that and then set the property of the disk as the owner and then again use the administrator account. This will work if you make the change given by me. Thats it!!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest you to do the following the step which i am giving you to get rid of the issue that you are having. Just Click on the start and the go to the control panel. After that Go to the user account and see that how many account it is showing and what are the status set to it. Is there any Admin account exist. If not then delete the current account and recreate the administrator account. Bye

I will suggest you to reinstall the windows 7 again as i think you have the Windows 7 with your Laptop. And when you are installing the fresh copy of the OS then create the administrator account once again continue to the installation. After the installation completed then only create the Standard user account. I hope this is the better option. So go with it and see the result of the same. Thanks