Thread: Downgrading from windows 7 to windows XP

Downgrading from windows 7 to windows XP

I have recently bought a new LG laptop. Which is ready to use with Windows 7 Operating System. But since i am using windows XP for the past three years i do not like to use windows 7 now . So I would like to downgrade from windows 7 to windows XP ? So please suggest a way that if a switched from windows 7 to windows XP . There should be a way to get it back.

Re: Downgrading from windows 7 to windows XP

Downgrading to XP could be easy or difficult it all depends on your approach. What i think to be the easiest way is take out your old hard drive and install Windows XP on a new hard drive. After installing it you can use it . If you want to use the windows 7 again the you will just have to pop in the hard drive on which you have installed the windows 7. I do not find a way that is far more easier and reliable than this one.

I think it is not worth downgrading from windows 7 to windows XP. Since Windows 7 is the most enhanced version of Operating systems produced by the windows. But its just the matter of choice If you still find windows XP more comfortable to use than windows 7 then you will have to downgrade , For this you will have to format the PC and then go installing windows XP. I don't know any other easier way apart from this.

Formatting your system is not a better option so I would like to suggest you not to format your system. There are two different ways if you want to achieve this downgrade.
    First easiest would be to make a backup image that can be restored later on your system. Your other options would be to reinstall using a Windows XP install or recovery CD.
    And secondly try buying a new hard disk and install the windows XP on it if you are not quite comfortable with the windows 7. But again if you want to use the windows 7. you just have to switch the hard disk and the work is done. If its the case with me i would prefer the first method.

I would suggest not to downgrade from windows 7 to Windows XP. Because it is not a good step since the windows 7 is far more better than the window XP. The windows provides a lot of additional features than the windows XP . Also it provides a very good security feature. if we see it from the looks point of view its provides the best graphical user interface(GUI) on earth. It is also very good for hard core gamers . The various flaws of the windows XP has been overcomed in this version of windows 7. So downgrading is not a better option according to me and i eould advise you go ahead with Windows 7 and you will be become within just a week since it is almost similar to Windows XP in terms of its functionality.

When comes to downgrading i cannot understand why people downgrade . If you already have many features with which you can have a lot options but you have asked me for a solutions so that there must be a way to get the windows 7 back . It can be done two different ways as follows

1. Try creating a backup image so that you can restore it later according to your needs . And reinstalling windows XP using a Windows XP install or recovery CD.
    2. You can dual boot your system with both windows 7 and windows XP. and just adjust your boot settings as windows XP orwindows 7 as and when required by you .