Thread: Upgrading Firefox on Linux

Upgrading Firefox on Linux

I have an Acer Aspire One netbook running on Linux.I installed Mozilla Firefox on it few days back and now it needs upgrading.I tried downloading the update from the official Mozilla website.It says that the file has been downloaded somewhere in the hard drive but I have no clue how to install it.Is it possible that the file i downloaded would be corrupt coz i have update my other software's but i m not able to update firefox...? Please help

Re: Upgrading Firefox on Linux

As you are able to update all other software's successfully it is possible that the update file you downloaded may be corrupt.Get the file checked on any other machine which has same OS as yours to be confirm or delete the existing update file you downloaded earlier and download a fresh file and try to update it.Otherwise uninstall the firefox completely and then download the latest version of firefox for your OS and install it.

I think Acer Aspire One comes with Linpus Light version installed on it.If it is true then search and find the a 32-bit download for Mozilla firefox for Linux on Mozilla official website.Download this file and Unzip the archive which contains the firefox setup.After extracting the file,double-click on the firefox icon to install it.Before downloading make sure you download the latest version.

Usually Firefox is updated automatically when you connect it to the Internet along with the system updates.Whenever firefox connects to internet it first checks the latest available version and updates itself if necessary,you don't need to update firefox manually.Check the settings of the firefox for automatic updates and do the needful.If you are using Linpus Mint then you can also use Update manager to upgrade firefox but to use Update manager you have to have administrator rights.