Thread: What Build is my Beta version of Windows 7?

What Build is my Beta version of Windows 7?

I am using a Windows 7 Beta version since that last seven months. I am not that technically sounds in terms of computer operating system knowledge. I just wanted to check what build my Windows 7 Beta version is? Also what is a Windows 7 RC? Is it released earlier to Windows 7 Beta version or after the original Windows 7? Should I purchase the Windows 7 original version or the Windows 7 RC? I am confused, Guide me please.

Re: What Build is my Beta version of Windows 7?

You may get the basic information about your Windows 7- beta version by right click on the Computer icon on your desktop screen and selecting the properties option. But for an in-detail information, here is a method that will help you to find the version number of your Windows 7- beta version:
    1. Go to the Start menu (click on the Windows button on keyboard).
    2. Enter winver in the Search box.

This will display for you the exact version number for the Windows 7 - beta version which you are running on your computer. This helped me.

• Go to Start, at bottom left of the monitor display screen.
    • Type regedit in the search box to go to Windows registry.
    • Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion registry key.

Here you need to locate CurrentBuildNumber key. This key will inform you about the build number of your Windows. Next locate CurrentVersion key to know your know the version of your Windows. In this manner you can gather the entire information about the build version or build number of your Windows operating system.

The Beta Version of Windows is released first, then is released the RC version of Windows which is just before the final version releases and then finally the Windows original version is released. For Windows 7, its beta version was released on 23 January 2009 and then RC version was released on 18 April 2009 and then the Final version was released on 22nd October 2009. My suggestion would be that you first get the Windows 7 RC version to gain more familiarity with Windows 7 and then finally purchase the licensed Windows 7 Final version.