Thread: Fusion 3.0 - Enabling Win 7 under Bootcamp and VM

Fusion 3.0 - Enabling Win 7 under Bootcamp and VM

I installed and activated Win 7 Pro on Bootcamp. When I launch the Partition BC as a virtual machine under Fusion, Win 7 needs to be reactivated. I get a message saying : the hardware has been hereby changed... blah blah blah. and when I try to activate, I receive a message like what my key is already used ofcourse i used it. I'm entering the activation key manually but it is not activating Would anyone ever tried the procedure in Fusion 3.0? The activation is done it correctly without being forced to reactivate Win 7? will i be able to use Fusion 3.0 - Enabling Win 7 under Bootcamp and VM Please help...

Re: Fusion 3.0 - Enabling Win 7 under Bootcamp and VM

If you do not have the right to activate windows, it has already been activated several times occurs when a you have formatted your computer several times , then select offline activation [phone activation] a toll-free phone number appears and a key is generated, you must call this number, enter the serial numbers of your key, then the IVR will give you an activation number, allowing you to activate windows. Hope this helps...

Have installed have you installed vmware tools? This is essential before you activate Windows in vmware, if not from BC, vmware, do install it first, install all the necessary hardware and its drivers else the process of activation will rest each time you add or remove a new virtual hardware. Microsoft has implemented this [unnecessary] feature as they think this will stop piracy...

I too have the same problem. But the problem is not with Windows 7 in VMWare but on my physical computer. Few days back my computer's motherboard fried. On the same day i got a new motherboard, upgraded the processor and RAM, only the hard disk and other peripheral are the same, now this is causing the activated Windows to reset the activation. Its such a pain when it says the activation key has been used, Please help...

Quote Originally Posted by OS-X-10+ View Post
    I installed and activated Win 7 Pro on Bootcamp. When I launch the Partition BC as a virtual machine under Fusion, Win 7 needs to be reactivated. I get a message saying : the hardware has been hereby changed... blah blah blah. and when I try to activate, I receive a message like what my key is already used ofcourse i used it. I'm entering the activation key manually but it is not activating Would anyone ever tried the procedure in Fusion 3.0? The activation is done it correctly without being forced to reactivate Win 7? will i be able to use Fusion 3.0 - Enabling Win 7 under Bootcamp and VM Please help...
    Under the "search" from the built-in help, type boot camp (with space).
    Clearly, you activate your license directly from Windows natively (on the boot camp partition), Fusion and the installation of VMware Tools saves you from having to continuously carry out the activation again and again. Hope this helps...