Thread: "The file is possibly corrupt" at startup

"The file is possibly corrupt" at startup

My laptop started overnight to display a blank message on a black background right after the BIOS preventing Windows Vista from starting: "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the corrupted checksum. "

It is under warranty for another ten days, so I called the hotline and the person told me to repair the startup. My laptop has not burned his cd restoration, but the recovery partition still having problems. So I booted vista from a cd that I purchased and I tried to repair the boot, but nothing has changed.

I formatted the Vista partition and reinstalled Vista, but nothing has changed (the install went smoothly, but during the first reboot with the installation, I get the same message and can not go further).

I searched the net but I could not find a solution. Nothing has recently been installed on it. Someone would have an idea? Does it could come from the Recovery partition from which I always boot the laptop, which would be a problem to boot?

Re: "The file is possibly corrupt" at startup

If you started tampering and formatting the laptop on your own, then congratulations because you are certainly alone to reinstall the PC at a lower cost. You will have to order a kit from the manufacturer restoration now.

The kit would restore me what, but I already tried with a dvd full of vista? The recovery partition is still there, but I do not see how it get me to order their cd knowing that what I have already installed.

Note that I also previously tried to restore to a restore point earlier, without success, either with vista dvd or vista recovery disk. I tried it with super grub disk to boot the windows partition, but without success, same message to the key.

The recovery partition (or restoration kit) will allow you to reinstall the PC. It remains in violation of the license: you can not install an OS other than the one supplied with the machine.

It could also come from some hardware problem like hard drive, memory or other components. Unfortunately, to invoke the warranty, you have no other choice but to reinstall the OS. The manufacturer will refuse any support if you install another OS.