Thread: Running Windows on a Macbook

Running Windows on a Macbook

Heya,

I would like to know Is there an easy method to run windows on a mac? Boot Camp asks for a Windows Vista installation CD, which I don't really have.Is there any application that you can just install, run, and Windows will open in a window?

thanks for replies

Re: Running Windows on a Macbook

I have managed to put Windows 7 on both my computer, and on my Macbook Pro via bootcamp.Windows 7 will not upgrade XP, you will be able to upgrade Vista to Windows 7.That aside, you can install Windows 7 straight via bootcamp. OS X thinks it is Vista.So Maybe you can run it via vmware fusion, and that way you can choice the option to boot are from the .iso

Dr. V Guest

I would tell you'll need a valid copy of windows for any program to run windows on the mac.Any apple application is going to give out microsoft windows for free of cost..I opt parallels desktop to run windows on my mac and it run really well. You have to purchase the software though and have a valid copy of windows to install.The only way you'd get windows running on a mac for free would be piracy. I have no idea of any free virtual machines out there, and even if you did find one i highly doubt any of them come with windows installed. You have to grab a copy

With the new Apple Firmware update, you don't require BootCamp to install Windows XP. Just boot from the Windows XP installation disk and install as usual. you may want to download BootCamp just to have it make a driver disk for you. You can then use that disk in Windows XP to install the drivers for the hardware.