Thread: Which is the best TV channel guide for Vista MCE

Which is the best TV channel guide for Vista MCE

Hi,
    I had build up my Windows Vista Media center pc. I am streaming my Digital Channels via Xbox 360. I had taken a Digital TV service from Time Warner. Now I want to know that which is the best channel guide for Media Center pc. Because the guide which I had downloaded scans every time for channels and gives our wrong information. I want a more intact channel guide. I had tried to search on the internet but could able to locate any. Thanks in advance.

Re: Which is the best TV channel guide for Vista MCE

There are many guides available online. I am using Tital TV. It is a free online guide for your local channel listing. The service is free to use for some period and easily available. The guide list you all the current programs available and channel information. You can add up a listing and even create your favorite program list. But that is only possible when you sign in a subscription service with the site.

The guide depends on your local service provider. If you want to use a third party then you will have to pay a subscription fee. Like for example Sky TV. Sky TV overs a package of digital channels and it is perhaps the most flexible service available. It has a fully customizable services which same needs a subscription service. There is variety of channels and many add on features. You can demand movies online and record current shows.

Download TV pack from Microsoft website. TV is a free update from Windows Media center that has many services in it. The update includes Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting, Digital Video Broadcasting, improved ClearQAM support and interactive TV with BML language. Other than this you can browse for more TV guides. I will recommend you to contact your service provider and download the local guide which shows up local listing for channels.