Thread: System restore no longer works

System restore no longer works

Hello

I don't know what is wrong with my system and i can't figure out what is the exact problem but my system restore not working.It allows selection of a date and offers many of them, starts and acts like it is restoring whatever set point that I select and then after going through all of that,but eventually brings the message saying that it was unable to restore the set point.anyone else has this issue..i love to get advice from a literate person

any ideas would be brilliant !!!

Re: System restore no longer works

I guess your System Restore folder has been corrupted to rectify this problem Right click My Computer>Properties> System Restore tab.
    Check the box that says "Disable Restore on all drives" and restart the computer. After the system fully reboots, go back to the System Restore tab again and enable the same when you reboot next time just try to "Create a Restore Point" after the restore point has been created,try to restore to see the service is working or not

Relating to this system restore issue i think your registry might have corrupted. to resolve this launch the run window on your machine and in the box type “c:\windows\inf\sr.inf” (with out quotations)now restart. If restore still does function normally disable the system restore and enable it back again after rebooting your computer

1.Check in Control Panel
    Control Panel>Performance and Maintenance>Administrative Tools>Computer Management> Services and Applications>Services>System Restore Services

2.Command prompt
    launch cmd and then type "Net Start" at the command prompt to make sure that the System Restore service is up and running.confirm System Restore is enabled on the drives that you want System Restore enabled on. run System Restore in Safe mode.

3.Check the event logs to investigate System Restore service errors
    Control Panel>Performance and Maintenance>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Event Viewer> click System
    Click the Source tab to sort by name, and then look for "sr" or "srservice." Double-click each of these services, and then
    look out the event description for any indication of the cause of the problem.