Thread: Using linux VNC for windows.

Using linux VNC for windows.

Hello,

I want to know why the linux vnc is not working properly on my windows xp machine?
    I know its something with my windows OS. Since when i use windows client side o0f vnc I get a blur desktop. If anyone have faced this problem before, please let me know the reason. I know this problem can be solved easily.

Re: Using linux VNC for windows.

Hey,
    Please go through this existing thread discussing about VNC.
    Linux Terminal Client
    I hope this helps you.

The easiest way to get VNC to allow you to access Linux from a Windows machine is to first download and install VNC 4b4 on the Linux machine. If you're running a Linux distribution that supports RPM (such as RedHat) then simply download the RPM from our website, then, as "root", use "rpm -I <filename>" to install the software. Once that's done, you can log-in to the Linux machine as the telescope user, for example, and run "vncserver". You may be asked to provide a password, which will be used to control access to the server. Finally, you'll be told the VNC "display" number, which will probably be 1.
    To connect from a Windows machine, download VNC Viewer and run it, specifying <linux-machine-name-or-ip>:1 as the "host" and then supplying the same password you used earlier.
    Note that if you restart the Linux machine, you'll need to also restart the VNC server. You can edit the file ~.vnc/xstartup for the user who is running the VNC server to change the window manager to something like KDE, that may be easier to use.

Hello friend,

If you need to integrate your Windows and Linux machines over a network. VNC, a frame-buffer-based client/server application that lets you display desktops on remote networked machines, and which runs on all kinds of platforms, including Linux, Unix, Macs, Windows, and mainframes.

Linux desktops on Windows using VNC.