Thread: Very high Physical Memory Usage

Very high Physical Memory Usage

I have a Dell laptop. When I am using my laptop with windows vista, I notice that my physical memory is always near 80% with nothing open and around 70% with just opera and IE. I have 2gb of RAM which should be decent enough,then why physical memory so high?

Re: Very high Physical Memory Usage

Go to start > type run > type msconfig and press enter. You will see the windows with windows services. Click on the startup tab and deselect all the services which are not use by system. Windows Vista does have the ability to parse files into ram in anticipation of them being used.

You could start to reduce the RAM consumption by turning off programs that do not need to start in the start menu. Go to your control panel then Programs And Features and remove anything that says toolbar or updater. You should need to have bigger swap file then 1.5 times your RAM amount.

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.

Naughty Re: Very high Physical Memory Usage

Hello guys.. When I am using my pc with windows 7, I notice that my physical memory is always near 20% with nothing open and around 37% with programs. I have 2gb of RAM which should be decent enough,then why physical memory so high? And, why my cpu usage is high when open firefox and other programs..? its around 50% of cpu usage...this is my specs..

-Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual Cpu E2180 @ 2.00GHz 1.99GHz
    -32-bit operating system
    -Nvidia Geforce 8600 Gt (256 MB)
    -Windows 7 Ultimate

can we speed up proccesser and make pc more faster than before...?
    sorry for my english language..thanks..

I suggest you to cut down on the background processes of installed softwares. For this open the Start Menu and type 'msconfig' and deselect all the unnecessary processes which are not required from the startup tab. Also you can empty the temporary files and folders by going to Start Menu and type %temp% and then delete the temporary files. If you have installed any Mozilla Firefox plugin then uninstall it and see if the CPU usage decreases or not.