Thread: error message BCM Addin, File version does not match

unsure error message BCM Addin, File version does not match

Hi, I have a laptop with Vista Home Premium pre installed and I have installed Off Home and Student 2007 from disc (verified) when I open the programme it says 'file version does not match' and also the email facility is greyed out. Could anyone please offer any assistance

Re: error message BCM Addin, File version does not match

This normally happen when the version of Ms office is change by some updates and hot fixes installed by you. But you can store is back by just downloading an update from windows website. Click here to go to the Microsoft Website. It will show hotfix of Ms office. Download it and install in your system. Reboot your system.

Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager installs the "Business Contact Manager for Outlook" add-in (BcmHistoryAddin.dll). This add-in runs when one of the 2007 Office programs in the "Symptoms" section is started. When this add-in runs and the version number of Outlook 2007 has changed, the add-in incorrectly displays the error message.

Hi, thanks for responses. I have downloaded the above and re booted however the message is still there. It previously said 'file version does not match' and now it reads 'office version does not match'. Also, I dont know whether its connected, the email option in Office is greyed out, I can send docs as an attachment but not directly from Office. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This problem occurs when the Outlook 2007 version number is changed. The Outlook 2007 version number may change for one of the following reasons: You install a hotfix for Outlook 2007.You install an update for Outlook 2007.

Check this microsoft guide for more information : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935569

1. As an administrator, start each 2007 Office program that is listed in the "Symptoms" section. To do this, follow these steps:
      • In Windows Explorer, locate the executable (.exe) file for the 2007 Office program.
      • Right-click the .exe file, and then click Run as administrator.
      • If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
    2. Click OK when you receive the error message.

you may also have the following forum discussion:
    Office application version does not match

try to uninstall it and remove all entries from registry
    download new version from the Microsoft site remember your previous key and use this key for installing the fresh application