Thread: Can't access MY Pictures Folder in Vista

sad Can't access MY Pictures Folder in Vista

Hello Friends,

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. It's not allowing me to access my picture folder under applications. It gives me an error message saying that it denies to get access. Can anybody help me out to resolve this issue? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't access MY Pictures Folder in Vista

You will have to close open processes and then manually move any files that were not moved in the move operation. Best to do this right after a logon.

One way to move My Documents is to right-click the My Documents folder under Desktop in Windows Explorer and select Properties. Move the folder with the Move button. This is the only shell folder that can be moved from its properties tab. Be careful to enter the path to the new "My Documents" folder, not to its parent. In other words, if you want the new "My Documents" folder to be D:\My Documents, then you must enter that string in the Target box.

Windows stores the location of per-user special folders under the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders

When you redirect special folders using Tweak UI or by moving the folder to another location, the User Shell Folder registry path is modified accordingly. To reset the User Shell Folders values to defaults, try this:

Resetting the special folder paths to defaults

• Open Registry Editor and navigate to this location:HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders
    • Backup the above branch to a .REG file.
    • In the right-pane, change the Shell Folder path accordingly.

Microsoft Office Picture Manager is one of the additional tools available when you install Microsoft Office 2003. It is located by choosing
    Start--> Programs--> Microsoft Office--> Microsoft Office Tools--> Microsoft Office Picture Manager

To access pictures in Picture Manager, you need to first create a shortcut to the folder containing your pictures.

Follow the below steps mention:-

1. Click the Add Picture Shortcut link in the top left corner of the program.

2. Locate the folder containing your pictures and click the Add button.

3. The folder is added to the list of picture shortcuts.

Hope so it may help you out.