Thread: Unable to install windows

Unable to install windows

Hi, I come here to ask for help because I'm in a dead situation and I do not know what to do.
    I bought a laptop brand compaq presario cq60-123ef with vista pre-install, I wanted to get rid of it and put an xp in place, but the problem is that boot xp cd the screen stays black for 2 to 5 minute then an error message appears on a blue background (the infamous blue screen).
    I tried with the help of Gparted to delete all my partitions, to leave a no result but then I try to do a partition to NTFS and then install xp always the same concerns, I have tried to change the partition table in MS-DOS still no result I tried to install also a de vista but it also blocks.
    Currently only Linux I am on and I am now over.
    Gunz Dont Kill PEOPLE

I Do........

Re: Unable to install windows

The easiest way is to reinstall Vista back and hope that you do not remove the partition Recovery.

Try to install it again in "Fat" not NTFS formatted under DOS with the command format c: / s "C" or another letter after the partition, then install XP on it and see if that's OK.
    After you have finished it's good if you can convert to NTFS from the Run command convert (convert e: / fs: ntfs / v) "E" is replaced by the letter of the partition to convert.

Your laptop has an Intel chipset ICH9m (mobile) and the mode AHCI (advanced mode for SATA hard disk) is probably on (and may not be switched off) in the BIOS so you as blue screen if you try to install XP without having loaded the driver for the Intel chip.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

How to load the driver if I can not boot from the XP CD?
    Gunz Dont Kill PEOPLE

I Do........

Do you have the same problem as in the other subject: message STOP: 0x0000007B after the message "press F6 to load a driver ..." ?

Loading driver is when you install XP (before the blue screen). Among the messages that scroll on the bottom line, there is one that says "Press F6 to load a driver ...", you must press F6 at this time if you need to load a driver but it does can be achieved only if you have a floppy drive (I do not think it works if it is a floppy drive plugged into a USB port).

Other options:

a) Turn off AHCI in the BIOS (if possible).

b) Use a CD of XP that includes the driver you need (Intel ICH9m)