Thread: Gskill vs Kingston Hyperx Savage RAM

Gskill vs Kingston Hyperx Savage RAM

I am using a Gigabyte G1.Sniper motherboard along with Intel Core i7 processor and GTX 780 graphics card. I have a Corsair 760 Power Supply as well. Now I am looking to buy some new RAM modules. I have checked whether I should go for Kingston Hyperx Savage or Gskill Trident RAM for my configuration. Which is going to be the best performing RAM for my system. Please help me decide which one to choose as both are looking good. Thank you

Re: Gskill vs Kingston Hyperx Savage RAM

I would suggest you to go with G.SKILL Trident X series RAM modules because it is cheaper compared to the Kingston Hyperx Savage memory sticks and it is also dual channel. The only problem is that you wont get high overclocking with G.Skill. Apart from that it has good low latency performance. The memory modules from G.Skill Trident X also comes with removable heat sinks and you wont notice any difference in heating as well.

Hi, I think HyperX Savage would be a better option as it has better heat spreaders, the capacity is also high with 8 GB for the single module, and you need not to go for overclocking as the RAM gives you a speed of up to 2400 MHz. Also if you are looking for something portable, this the RAM. You can buy it for a good price from Amazon.

I am using Kingston Hyperx Savage RAM in my computer and it is very easy to install and configure. It also lets me to play with medium settings. However this RAM runs at 2133mhz and not at 2400mhz as advertised. So do check your motherboard specifications whether it supports 2400mhz or not. Even if it doesnt then the RAM will adjust to the normal mhz speed as per your motherboard.

The Gskill Trident RAM are not expensive as compared to the Kingston HyperX Savage ones. But incase you are already using the Kingston memory modules then it wont be a good idea to go for Gskill's. Also Kingston RAMs are very picky on what you put it on. You also get a lifetime warranty with the Gskill tridents, I am not sure about Kingston though. But if you are a serious overclocker then you should choose the Kington HyperX Savage, no doubt.