Thread: what is microsoft award promotion 2010

what is microsoft award promotion 2010

Hello, I received a mail from Microsoft award team today as what I won 100 000 dollars they asked me first and last name; address, country, mobile no, depending and I have sent but No not the credit card. I just wanted to know if I risk anything because I verified the address of Microsoft award after my reply to their e-mail and that's why I saw it of the scam. I want to know what Microsoft award promotion award is.

Re: what is microsoft award promotion 2010

What you risk is that your information is used to mount another scam under your name. You might also be harassed by phone. Mail or if you have them, reply them false information, you are invited to send via Western Union $ unavoidable for paying taxes imaginary. Good fun but watch out. I hope this may be helpful to you so keep this in mind.

Microsoft consumers are frequently objective of lottery scam which utilizes fake e-mail post that declares that the receiver has prevailed "The Microsoft Lottery." There is no Microsoft lottery so if you receive an email with such information note that was posted by a criminal with the intention of stealing money. Lottery fraud is a type of advance fee fraud a crime that involves tricking victims into paying an amount of money upfront to receive a prize or gift that does not exist. Typically this type of cheat starts by means of an e-mail within the report that an award or a gamble in which you may not keep in mind inward bound. To secure the alleged award, it is likely that criminals will be asked to give an amount of money upfront to cover certain expenses such as taxes, postage, checks UN authorization, legal fees and many more. These criminals are usually very convincing and very creative methods used. Companies and individuals using names such as Microsoft and Bill Gates to give it more credibility and authenticity to your mail.

Often, Microsoft customers turn into object of lottery scheme also known as the lottery scam, which uses forged emails make sure that the receiver has succeed the "Microsoft Lottery." The ultimate goal of these emails is to initiate a dialogue with you to convince you to send them money. Once you have sent the money, it is likely that the criminal re-contact you with a new story to convince him to give more money to enjoy the prize money. Lottery fraud is an international crime carried out by criminals who operate across the world and they choose their victims from different countries. Due to lack of resources and international jurisdiction, it is difficult for local law enforcement investigate and prosecute these crimes. Microsoft works closely with other branches or companies whose services have been used by criminals, as well as international security forces to compile and analyze data on victims of scam Lottery worldwide and international organizations provide intelligence derived from these tests and that they need to prosecute the scammers.

To get to protect against fraud lottery you should remember these points:
    1. Remember, if you have not participated in a lottery, there is likely to have won.
    2. Microsoft Corporation does not arrange lotteries.
    3. If you receive an email that says come from a prestigious company telling him he had won the lottery, be very cautious. Never give money upfront.
    4. Be aware that once you lose some money in the lottery fraud, is likely to become criminals to contact you with a new alias or a new story to trick you to give more money back.
    5. Be cautious if you receive a check and then ask you to pay part of the amount. No legitimate company would ask something.
    6. Be wary if someone you do not know asks you to send money by wire transfer. Although the wire transfers are fast and efficient, unlike bank transfers are difficult to track and cannot be canceled.