Thread: How to recover User ID and Product key using Malwarebytes

How to recover User ID and Product key using Malwarebytes

I have installed Malwarebytes Antimalware in my computer. I was wondering if there is any way that I can use to recover the Product Key and User ID from this Malwarebytes application. I am looking to upgrade my other computers operating system but I have lost the product key and user id. I read from somewhere that we can get it in the registry but dont know from where exactly. So, if anyone will be able to help me out then it would be appreciated.

Re: How to recover User ID and Product key using Malwarebytes

Yes, you will have to open registry editor and to do that click on Start and then in the run type regedit. For Windows XP you will have to go to this registry entry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. If you are on Windows 7 then you will have to go in this location - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and you will find the product key and user id inside. For a 64bit version of Windows, you will have to go under the Wow6432Node key.

Below information was written on Malwarebytes website:

You cannot look up your Activation ID and Key from the Registry unless you have a previously licensed 1.x version installed. Fresh installs now encrypt that data so make very sure you have your ID and Key before you proceed. Previous 1.x PRO versions did store the ID and Key in the following locations of the Registry but a clean fresh install of version 2.0 will not store it in the Registry.

Location for Windows x86 32-Bit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Location for Windows x64 64-Bit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

There are also many software that can be used to recover the product key, one such is Belarc Advisor. After installing this software, it will build a detailed profile of your installed applications and hardware, including Microsoft reviews, and displays the results in your Web browser. All information on the profile of your PC is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server. Just download this software by searching it on the internet and enjoy its benefits.