Thread: remove whilokii program

remove whilokii program

I dont know how did a program called whilokii got installed on my computer. Now I am continuously getting popup ads on the search screen if I am browsing any shopping websites like Amazon, eBay, etc. How do I stop this annoying advertisements? Can anyone please help me out how to remove this virus? Thanks

Re: remove whilokii program

The whilokii program is an addon that usually gets installed in the internet browser toolbars. Once it is installed then it displays pop-up adertisements. This kind of program comes bundled with free softwares that you might have installed in your pc. To remove this program from your computer go to Internet Explorer option and then in its Add-on area try to uninstall whilokii completely and then reboot your pc.

Download a tool called AdwCleaner by searching it from the internet and install it in your pc. AdwCleaner is a free tool compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, operating system. It scans your PC and allows you to remove all the unwanted software in just one click. It can remove various things from your pc that is listed below:
    • Adware (advertising programs)
    • The PUP/LPIS
    • The toolbar (toolbar installed to browser)
    • The hijacker (hijacking the browser start page)

Note that this whilokii program has to be first uninstalled from the Add and Remove programs. So click on Start and then choose Control Panel. After that click on Uninstall a Program and then try to search for Whilokii 1.0.0 and any related suspicious program from the list and then uninstall it. After that remove it from all the web browsers as well, like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.