Thread: Unable to get into console of Cisco Aironet LR2 power injector

Unable to get into console of Cisco Aironet LR2 power injector

currently we are having 2 Cisco Aironet Power Injector LR2's. well I am not able to console any of the routers by making use of the Cisco sky blue console cable. Following are the settings.

Speed = 9600
    Data Bits = 8
    Stop Bits = 1
    parity = none
    Flow control = none
    Can you help me out???? Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Re: Unable to get into console of Cisco Aironet LR2 power injector

In this particular situation I wanted to tell you that you will not be able to console to power injector. If you have done the same then let me why you are wanted to do the above mentioned thing.

I wanted to tell you that you should double check the power cable and LED of power injector. Also you should check the Ethernet cable from the injector itself could be faulty. So try with other Ethernet cable and see whether you are able to get the root cause of the issue.

I think you are not aware of that console speed on the some router could be changed while configuration register. So 9600 bits per second could not work at all. The valid speed could be 1200, 2400, and 4800 bps and you can try to fix the matter. particularly in 3600 Series Routers you can have support for 19200, 38400, 57600 and 115200 bps.
    Another thing you can try, you should disconnect all the network interfaces and see whether the router is responding. Many times it get happens that router is assuming that it has to do some really important for the service exec sessions.

You have to take care of the thing that console cable is connected with the console port because the router has auxiliary port as well. The auxiliary port is using different pinout for console port. Another thing which you should check that console cable is not a aux cable. You should run ‘show interface aux 0’ on router and tell me what result it does provide?

After going through the issue, you should simply change the console simulation software so that you can have the baud setting. Also you should keep the changing the setting and until and unless you managed to get the original one. Hyperterminal is having support for the some specific kind of baud setting from the drop-down window list and might be unable to support the other baud setting which is outside of the list available. If that is the situation than you will need to use the different console simulator so that you can have the flexible baud speed setting for your router.