Thread: Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 AGN won’t work with 802.11n clients

Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 AGN won’t work with 802.11n clients

I have installed Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 AGN card in my laptop and i have noticed as it gets connected When i try to get it connected with 802.11g but not with the 802.11n. as though it gets connected and everything works fine until some traffic-intense activity is endeavor by the client. At this point an 75% or so packet loss commences and leftovers until I disconnect and reconnect the client device. and this thing repeats each and every time i connect with this faulty client. Any suggestion what is happening over here?

Re: Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 AGN won’t work with 802.11n clients

I have installed Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 AGN card in my laptop and i have noticed as it gets connected When i try to get it connected with 802.11g but not with the 802.11n. as though it gets connected and everything works fine until some traffic-intense activity is endeavor by the client. At this point an 75% or so packet loss commences and leftovers until I disconnect and reconnect the client device. And this thing repeats each and every time i connect with this faulty client. Any suggestion what is happening over here?
    Have you installed perfect drivers in your machine for the wireless card you have installed? because i think this seems lack of some potential in the drivers. As you have even mentioned which driver version you have installed. See it would be far much better if you simply mentioned all this thing perfectly rather precisely so that i could assist you further with the same.

If i would consider my case I had precisely identical dilemma with my machine having the same wireless card installed. In my case it was the same card with broadcom 802.11n adapter. It connects presently very well, but whilst I start to copy file by means of network packet loss becomes 100% and it stops working at all.

Windows 7 x64 both ends, most recent drivers both ends but none of them seems to be working. I have one more essential addition as while I reconnect broadcomm adapter, it does not help to reinstate connection. I have to reset it but still no luck.

well, i am not getting about your client but still I utilizes an Ad Hoc network as a workaround, but at the give up of speed because i have noticed as an ad hoc connection runs 11g, at least in my case, so you can try with ad hoc network as well.

Have you ever contacted intel support center for this issue? If not then I would like to recommend you that you should at least once do that and see what they are saying about the same. because have tried finding out the solution for this problem but couldn’t get any, so i think Intel could the only who can help us with the same. along with that the very precise thing that you should make sure about is like you should make out whether you router supports the client through which you wanted to make connection? Because if so then you must have to configure the router as well according to that settings.

Have you installed perfect drivers in your machine for the wireless card you have installed? because i think this seems lack of some potential in the drivers. As you have even mentioned which driver version you have installed. See it would be far much better if you simply mentioned all this thing perfectly rather precisely so that i could assist you further with the same.
    I was also thinking about the same as there could be some problem with the drivers that we used to install for the hardware thus i updated the driver to version 14.2.0.10 today, but the trouble still perseveres. The technical support hasn't replied anything helpful yet when i contacted them, through mail.

by the way can you mentioned which router you are using? Because it seems like you should make some settings in the router regarding whichever client you want to use. See i used to used the cisco router, and would like to recommend you that you should have a glance at the LINK i have mentioned as the have precisely defined each and everything about this.

see if you mentioned the name of your router then i could help you setting it up.