Thread: Unable to setup NetGear WNA3100 wireless adapter

Unable to setup NetGear WNA3100 wireless adapter

Two days back I bought NetGear3100 usb wireless adapter and I was trying to setup it But I had a problem with it as when the installation of the software ends it ask me to put on USB the adapter, and when I press next button but my machine was not discovering the hardware. But when I looked in to the device manager of the windows, it was recognized perfectly.

But the properties in device status say: “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware”.

Any idea what could be the problem, because I have installed in the drivers but seems they are not working.

How do I resolve it, need suggestion?

Re: Unable to setup NetGear WNA3100 wireless adapter

I would like to tell you that that drivers that we get with the hardware is actually not compatible rather corrupted to work with firmware version Version 1.1.3.22. and that’s why they have released proper drivers as well that we can download for the adapter.

And so I would like to suggest you the same thing as to download the newer driver for the software so that you can easily install it in your machine.

- you can download all the latest firmware for the adapter along with its driver from the below mentioned link

http://netgeardownload.registria.com...e_registration

Thanks for the prompt suggestion guys but still please let me know how can I install it, I have already gone through the user manual but still didn’t find any such installation steps that I can refer.

And by the way I am using Software Version 1.1.2.16 in my adapter thus I must have to download the one that you have mentioned, but still will you please let me know what are the features they have added in the firmware or the latest software? and will it be compatible with windows 7 64 bit or there is some another driver that I have to download for the same?

off course they have added to many new feature In the latest firmware, but the one that I have noticed is like,
    New Features:

• new Russian License Agreement.

• Standalone driver support in this driver version.

• The TX power tables IDs are set to US18 and EU2.

Along with the feature that have fixed many bugs as well such as,

• Resolved the country | region discovery issue.

• Resolve the WEP security connection with WNR3500v2.

I have installed this driver in my machine but wondering as from the page you have downloaded the firmware didn’t you get the installation steps as well? anyways you can follow the below mentioned steps.

1- First of all you have to unplug the adapter To properly install adapter software.

2- After that uninstall the previous version software that you have installed. (I assumed).

3- And then run the file that you have downloaded from the page mentioned by the above user.