Thread: Bad Image error with AVG 2011 Free AntiVirus

Bad Image error with AVG 2011 Free AntiVirus

Hello friends I am using computer in which I have windows Xp operating system and before some days I have installed AVG 2011 Free Antivirus and after installing the AVG 2011 Free Antivirus in my computer whenever I open any program at that time I get this "Bad Image-- C:\Windows\system32\beyofaji.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system admin or the software vendor for support." error.

Please help me to solve this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Bad Image error with AVG 2011 Free AntiVirus

I have gone thought your issue and according to this error normally occur because of the missing library. I think any of the library related registry related file either gets corrupted in your system or removed. Because according to registry record AppInit_Dlls related error is related to removal infection.

yes I am agree with the above reply this problem normally occurs when any important DLL file gets deleted unnecessarily. to solve this issue you have to remove the beyofaji.dll from AppInit_Dlls and after removing that you have to restart the computer and after that your problem will get solved. if you need any more information then let me know.

According to me after doing this trick your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know about how to remove the beyofaji.dll from the Applnit.dll then you have to follow this stpes. first you have to download the Autoruns utility from the internet and after downloading the Autoruns utility you have to make one folder and extract the Autoruns utility in that folder. after extracting it you have to autoruns.exe file from that folder. after running that file you have to AppInit tab and after that you have to uncheck the beyofaji.dll. after that restart the computer.

after restarting the computer you have to check whether you are still getting the same error after that or not. I think after doing this trick your problem will get solved. if you still get the same error after that also then let me know.

Well if the above solution does not help you to solve this issue then you have to follow this steps to fix this issue.

• First you have to open the registry editor in your computer.
    • After opening the registry editor you have to navigate this key
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows.
    • After opening this key you have to open AppInit_Dlls.
    • you have to make the backup of this keys before you do any changes.
    • now after opening the AppInit_Dlls you have to edit its value and after that you have to remove beyofaji.dll from there.

After that you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to check whether you are getting the same problem while opening any program or not.

I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

if you don’t want to do any changes in registry files and then you can also try to fix this issue by registry cleaner. yes registry cleaner is the tool which solve most of this type of problems.

First you have to download the registry cleaner from the internet and after you have to install the registry cleaner in your computer. After installing the registry cleaner you have to run registry cleaner and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

if after trying above solution also if you get the same problem then I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by updating the AVG antivirus in your computer. first you have to make sure that AVG is completely updated in your computer. Because updating the antivirus also help you to solve this type of issues. you can also update the antivirus by downloading the virus definitions updates from the internet and installing it in your computer.

If after updating the AVG also if you are still facing the same problem then you have to uninstall the AVG from your computer and after uninstalling the AVG you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to install the AVG antivirus again and after installing the AVG antivirus you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

As you have said that I have to run autorun utility and after that uncheck the DLL files and after reading that I have done the same and after downloading the autorun utility when I have run at that time it didn’t make any difference. Running the registry cleaner didn’t make any difference. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

Well there were similar problem occurred with my system also and I was also using the AVG antivirus In my computer. I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the AVG antivirus in my computer and after reinstalling the AVG also I was getting the same problem. Now after that I have repaired my operating system and after repairing the operating system my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and after that your problem will get solved.

Thank you for helping me after referring your solution I have repaired my operating system and after repairing the operating system my problem get solved. I really appreciate your help.