Thread: Airtel Modem 110BX1 not working with with Tp-Link MR3420

Airtel Modem 110BX1 not working with with Tp-Link MR3420

I bought the wifi modem TP-Link 3420 lately, but the thing is that it does not work with my existing modem. I did a rapid setting and not so we went about trouble solving also did the last firmware upgrade of the TP-Link. Still no results at all. it asks me for the user name and the password that I am unaware of, so kindly tell me as if what is the problem here. what do you think where can I go wrong here? can you all please suggest me something on the same. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same. so do reply accordingly over here.

Re: Airtel Modem 110BX1 not working with with Tp-Link MR3420

Well for the username and the password perhaps you must try with the username and the password that is given ion the box that comes with your new connection, also the modem box the default user name and the password will be setup there. So think about it, that’s what the basic information I know about the username and the password. I hope that you have not done major changes with the existing settings of the mode. So let that be and search for the proper username and password first. That will be much helpful I feel.

Well you have got me wrong. The username and the password that I was saying here are the details that us required while setting up a connection with the router. So that’s what I was saying I am sure that you have got me wrong and hence you gave me that improper solution for the same. so what I am saying is that I am able to enter the configuration of the wireless router quite easily the only problem is while setting up a connection with the router, that’s where the issue starts. Please do throw some light on the same, I am waiting for the response.

I think so if you are not aware of the default username and the password that is required for the connection with the router. So what I am saying is that try setting up the connection with the username of your choice and also setting up the password and then save them. may be it is asking you to enter the desired set of username and the password for the same. so that’s why the necessary filds must be givne. So go ahead and do as what I have suggested here. I am sure that it will be of great help for you. so do work on the same.

I have a definite solution for the problem that you are facing now and let me tell you the fix for the problem. So the desired solution is that you need to change the default IP start of the Router. Well what that will do is that it will prevent the conflict between the router as well as the modem. The modem does not do this automatically and hence for that you will have to make that necessary changes. So I hope that was much clear for you. do work on the same, hope that is much clear for you. so do as what I have said here.

Ok thanks that worked for me and all the credit goes to you all guys for drafting a perfect solution for me. well changing the ip address of the router di8d work for me and now I am finally able to connect my router with the modem. So thanks a lot guys for all the suggestions that you have given here. appreciate the efforts that you have put in to solve the issue. so thanks a ton for the same. so that’s what I wanted to say here. So thanks again for all the suggestion that you all have given for me. Appreciated!

Well this is not a great solution and I am amazed that you were not aware of this fact and not only the Tp-Link rouer the same is the case with all the rouetrs. It is always important to keep changing the ip address of the router manually before beginning with the connection. So that’s what you need to do here and hence that’s what I think was the perfect suggestion for the problem. Nice that someone did realize about that early and accordingly suggested about the same. otherwise it would have been a further more confusion.